What to Look for in a New Hot Tub or Spa
When you’re looking for your first hot tub, the challenge can be daunting. It’s hard to tell the difference between quality by just looking at them sometimes, and every hot tub company is going to tell you that their spa is the best choice. When there are flashing lights, tons of jets, and splashing waterfalls facing you, how do you know what is important and what is just…bling?
First,WHY do you want a hot tub, and HOW do you intend to use it? Most of us think of hot water and jets first. Next, comfortable seats, relaxing alone after a long day, spending time with loved ones, or having great conversations with friends. This is a great place to start!
1. Hot Water. You want the best, most reliable heater on the market. Inexpensive tubs have inexpensive heaters. Makes sense, doesn’t it? Sundance installs Titanium Core heaters in their spas. They last a long time, they are very corrosion resistant, and they have low energy use thanks to actually coming right in contact with the water and heating directly. Ask questions about what kind of heater is in the tub, what it is made out of, and how long the warranty is!
2. Jets! It’s easy to think more is better when it comes to jets, but that isn’t true! Better jets are better. Think of it this way: would you rather have an hour long massage from someone who has no idea what they are doing, or a 30 minute massage from a professional who knows all the right techniques? Same idea! On inexpensive spas, and even some expensive ones, you’re looking at jets with bearings (that will wear down and fall out), and you’re looking at jets that aren’t actually located on your muscle groups–they are positioned randomly or in pretty patterns. Sundance Spas is the only company with BEARINGLESS jets (nothing to wear down or break), and we also have positioned each jet over a large muscle group to give you the best massage possible.
3. Comfy seats! Whether you’re relaxing after a long day or getting together with friends and family, you want to be comfortable! The ergonomic design of Sundance Spa’s seats will keep you relaxed! They are shaped to follow the natural form of your body, and depending on the hot tub model that you choose, the seats will be arranged for an intimate setting or for a chat with friends.
Now….now we should talk about all the things you probably DIDN’T think about being important in your hot tub–and trust me, these are important!
1. Heart and Soul of your hot tub–the Filtration System. Yup, that’s right! Without a great filtration system, you’ll be spending more time trying to keep your tub and water clean than enjoying it. The best filters on the market are ones that install horizontally into the hot tub, and ones that have MicroClean technology–and Sundance is the only one that has them! FDA approved and NSF certified, this is the way to go. Cut down on chemical usage, have beautiful, sparkling clean water, and keep your family safe!
2. The Company you will Buy From & Get Service From. Extremely important! Check them out on the Better Business Bureau’s website. Do they have service complaints? Check out any reviews you can find on Google, Angie’s List, etc. Talk to friends who have hot tubs or spas. Many companies pay for great advertising and expensive flashy signs to get you in the door….but really fall short after the purchase. You want a company that has been around for years, who has a competent sales staff that cares about YOU, and who has a certified team of technicians that will be able to keep you taken care of. Follow your gut instinct, and go with a company you actually *LIKE*. You’ll never regret that.
Any questions or comments? I’d love to hear them! Don’t hesitate to contact us.
Central Iowa Pool & Spa